When I worked at a fast food restaurant, I did a social experiment.
One day, I asked “do you want a girl toy or a boy toy?” No one went against gender roles.
The next day, it was “do you want a doll toy or a car toy?” Boys got dolls. Girls got cars.
Vocabulary is important.
you understand that though this seems to be a good sign it is likely the result of bronies coming to this establishment and ordering happy meals so they could get a mlp toy and then getting offended when it was called a “girl toy” and possibly bullying the employees given the behavior of bronies
obviously the change in itself is good but given the particular toys in question i am not convinced that this came about due to a desire for children’s toys to be non-gendered and that it is instead the result of the bizarre machismo belonging to the cult of the cartoon horse
i wish this change was universal because like gendered toys being ludicrous aside i always hated saying the phrase “boy toy” out loud and would never wish it on another human
in this case it’s totally just bronies tho
Seriously? You’re going to blame bronies? I’m a girl and my decision switched everytime we went, sometimes I wanted the god damn car, sometimes I wanted the fucking glittery animal thing. Doesn’t fucking matter about the fucking fandoms. I’m a god damn adult and still get the kids means for both the GIRL AND BOY TOYS. should I get pissed cuse there’s no adult toys?no because that would be obscene and this is fast food we’re talking about
I try to not curse around other people’s children (but I swear like a god damn sailor that’s had one hell of a fucking voyage) but I have the same feeling…. Why do we lose our shit over OMG HE SWORE but violence is..passé…. Not saying let your kid swear if that’s not your thing (I’ve been swearing my fucking head off since I could talk) but don’t let them become so numb to pain…. Swearing means you’re honest.. Being violent means there’s something wrong… Same with misogyny…. It’s not ok…. A superiority complex over a gender is not healthy and does not begat a healthy future…
1. What's your favorite candle scent?
2. What female celebrity do you wish was your sister?
3. What male celebrity do you wish was your brother?
4. How old do you think you'll be when you get married?
5. Do you know a hoarder?
6. Can you do a split?
7. How old were you when you learned how to ride a bike?
8. How many oceans have you swam in?
9. How many countries have you been to?
10. Is anyone in your family in the army?
11. What would you name your daughter if you had one?
12. What would you name your son if you had one?
13. What's the worst grade you got on a test?
14. What was your favorite TV show when you were a child?
15. What did you dress up as on Halloween when you were eight?
16. Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series?
17. Would you rather have an American accent or a British accent?
18. Did your mother go to college?
19. Are your grandparents still married?
20. Have you ever taken karate lessons?
21. Do you know who Kermit the frog is?
22. What's the first amusement park you've been to?
23. What language, besides your native language, would you like to be fluent in?
24. Do you spell the color as grey or gray?
25. Is your father bald?
26. Do you know triplets?
27. Do you prefer Titanic or The Notebook?
28. Have you ever had Indian food?
29. What's the name of your favorite restaurant?
30. Have you ever been to Olive Garden?
31. Do you belong to any warehouse stores (Costco, BJ's, etc.)?
32. What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender?
33. If you have a nickname, what is it?
34. Who's your favorite person in the world?
35. Would you rather live in a rural area or in the suburbs?
36. Can you whistle?
37. Do you sleep with a nightlight?
38. Do you eat breakfast every morning?
39. Do you take any pills or medication daily?
40. What medical conditions do you have?
41. How many times have you been to the hospital?
42. Have you ever seen Finding Nemo?
43. Where do you buy your jeans?
44. What's the last compliment you got?
45. Do you usually remember your dreams in the morning?
46. What flavor tea do you enjoy?
47. How many pairs of shoes do you currently own?
48. What religion will you raise your children to practice?
49. How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn't real?
50. Why do you have a tumblr?
Reasons I didn’t care to go to a full college :D didn’t want to play the debt game with an education I MIGHT be able to apply in this economy. TRADES ARE THE FUTURE! Find a master! Not a professor!
i hate parents that treat their kids like shit and then have the audacity to ask for respect
We went over this in Semantics
I have been perpetually angry ever since
no double standards there, nope, no blatant misogyny/woman shaming here, nuh uh, none at all.
Uh…. I use these words regardless of gender… Granted they’re with good friends and we’re being dicks to each other buuuuuut words aren’t completely gender strict…. I’ll use the positive words to to apply to male and females…. It’s magical. I don’t let a barrier get in the way of using words cuuuuse they’re words…. Hurtful or positive. They’re words… We really shouldn’t use the negative words but…. Words don’t have a gender in my head… I call a her a her because that’s what she wants to be called… I’ll call a him a her too if that’s what they want. And a her a him… Or a him/her a they if they really feel they don’t apply to “the norm”… Yes words help denote gender… But it’s not strictly stuck to it…. Funny I’m using a derogatory picture to point this out but…. Words are words. They only mean something when they hurt or when they emote. Don’t use nasty words, despite the gender :D
all of these are very important
YES I AM ALL ABOUT THIS
And here I thought I was doing and thinking wrong… But this… I was right in my heart and I live by this.
Just got in two new #RastAfri #kanekalon jumbo braid colors — what should we name them? The one on the left is a chunky mix of 4, 27, and 30, and the one on the right is a chunky mix of 27, 30, and 33.
Looks like Reese’s peanut utter cups and I need a bunch of this to make a faun wig….